The Norfolk Community College (NCC) Project is a partnership of organisations that includes Access Community Trust. We work together to deliver the Building Better Opportunities programme across Norfolk. The European Social Fund and National Lottery Community Fund fund this partnership, which has a primary objective to support people to move towards and into employment.
Access Community Trust are a key delivery partner across West Norfolk for this project and hold extensive knowledge and experience of providing employment and training support and advice across the county.
Our team specialises in supporting people who feel a long way from the job market and would like some help to achieve their employment goals. We provide a mixture of one to one advice and practical support and put you in the centre of an employment support plan. This will help you gain new skills and confidence to reach your employment goals.
We support many people every day and already provide a progressive pathway from homelessness into independent living and employment. This is one of many reasons why we are so proud to be part of this highly successful project. An example of our continuing work can be viewed in this video of our Island Café at Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways.
Access Community Trust are also proud to support the Norfolk Community College by providing specialist programmes of employment support. We provide mindfulness support to participants across Norfolk and our wellbeing plan will help set you on the right path to employment.
Watch our brief video to understand more about the role of mindfulness within the Building Better Opportunities Project.
Project offering includes:
• 1-2-1 mentoring to overcome barriers and improve your job prospects. We will work on confidence building and wellbeing.
• Specialist advice around benefits, debt and money management.
• Training in a variety of areas including ICT, Catering, Mechanical, Care, English, Maths and more!
• The chance to try out volunteering or work placements.
• Funding to purchase essential equipment or ID to increase your employment prospects.
We can support anyone who is:
• Aged 25 or over.
• Has been out of work for 12 months or more.
• Lives in Norfolk.
• Has the legal right to work in the UK.
• Is open to the idea of making positive changes and motivated to move forward with their lives.
For further information on the project or to you are like to take part you can either:
• Visit the Norfolk Community College website here.
• Register your interest online by completing this form.
• Speak direct to one of the Colleges team members on 01493 419255
Please see the Partners Privacy Notice – Building Better Opportunities for information about how the Norfolk Community College collects, uses and stores information about potential, current and past participants.
This page needs to refresh